Job Role: R&D
Food Technologists work towards better food preservation and processing and
packaging procedures and improved storage and delivery processes. He/She research
harmful food additives and develop substitutes to improve the safety and nutritional
values of food. Food technologists need a bachelor’s degree in agricultural science or
- Modify existing products and processes and develop new ones.
- Check and improve safety and quality control procedures from the raw material stage through to the finished product.
- Research current consumer markets and latest technologies to develop new product concepts
- Selection of raw materials and other ingredients from suppliers.
- Prepare product costings based on raw materials and manufacturing costs to
ensure profitable products
- Auditing suppliers or manage internal audits
- Run trials of new products & launches of new products
- Deal with any customer complaint investigations or product issue
- Compile, check and approve product specifications and labelling as per FSSAI
- Undertake long-term projects with other departments, such as reducing waste by improving efficiency standards
- Work on packaging innovation and technology
- Conduct experiments and produce sample products.
- Design the processes and machinery for making products with a consistent flavor, color and texture in large quantities
- Build relationships with suppliers and customers
- Ensure products are profitable